At ActivistJobBoard.com, we believe in turning your passion in life into a promising career, and of course, a paycheck!.
These “Terms and Conditions” govern your use of ActivistJobBoard.com. They also provide notice of ActivistJobBoard’s policies, relating to Membership, Job Posting, Billing, Privacy, and Acceptable Use. Please read these carefully.
If you do not accept the Terms and Conditions stated here, do not use ActivistJobBoard or its services. By using any of the services found at www.ActivistJobBoard.com, you are indicating your acceptance to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. ActivistJobBoard.com reserves the right to revise these Terms and Conditions at any time at its sole discretion by updating this posting. You should visit this page periodically to review the Terms and Conditions, because they are binding on you. The terms “You” and “User”, as used herein, refer to all individuals and/or entities who are accessing this web site for any reason.
To be eligible to use the Website, you represent and warrant that you:
- are thirteen (13) years of age or older;
- are not currently restricted from the Website, or not otherwise prohibited from having an account with us;
- are not a competitor of ours and are not using the Website for reasons that are in competition with us;
- will only maintain one account with us at any given time (although you can delete an account and subsequently register for a new one, as long as you have only one active account at a time);
- will not violate any rights of the Website, including intellectual property rights such as copyright or trademark rights;
- agree to provide at your cost all equipment, software, and internet access necessary to access and use the Website.
Our Dos and Donts
As a condition to access and use the site and services of ActivistJobBoard.com, you agree to undertake the following:
- comply with all applicable laws, including without limitation, privacy laws, employment laws, intellectual property laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- provide accurate information to us and update it as necessary;
- review and comply with these Terms and Conditions;
- review and comply with notices sent by ActivistJobBoard.com concerning the site or services;
- use the site and its services in a professional manner;
As a condition to access and use the site and services of ActivistJobBoard.com, you agree not to do the following:
- use the Site or Services for any purpose or in any manner that violates any local, state or federal law or regulation or that violates the law or regulation of any foreign government;
- submit, upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any content that is illegal, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, pornographic, sexually explicit, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, and/or racially, ethnically, or otherwise offensive;
- submit, upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials, including without limitation, initiation or perpetuation of any “Spam,” “Junk Mail,” or any other potentially objectionable form of unsolicited communication;
- submit, upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property right, privacy right, or publicity right of any person or entity;
- submit, upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit without authorization any material that contains personal or private information concerning any third party person or entity, including without limitation, phone number(s) or addresses, credit/debit cards, calling cards, account numbers, Social Security numbers, passwords, or other similar information;
- submit, upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other code, files or programs designed or known to disable, interrupt or limit the functionality of any computer hardware, computer software or telecommunications equipment or facilities;
- use any kind of automated tool, including but not limited to scripts, bots and other software, to try to collect information from the Site or to break into any of its servers; or
- disrupt or interfere (either directly or indirectly, intentionally or unintentionally) with the Site or Services in any manner that may materially adversely affect ActivistJobBoard.com, you or any third party;
- collect or store personal data with respect to third parties, except as contemplated by the Terms and Conditions, and then only for the express purpose of providing lawful communication that may reasonably be anticipated by such third parties;
- post jobs, volunteer opportunities, internships, or other opportunities that do not provide equal access to individuals or groups, or use exclusionary language on the basis of race, origin, nationality, religion, language, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or physical or mental ability, unless the requirement is a bona fide or essential qualification of the position or opportunity;
- impersonate another person or entity, including without limitation, a representative of ActivistJobBoard or its officers, directors, employees or agents; falsely represent or misrepresent your affiliation with another person or entity; or forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers that would disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Site or Services;
- attribute any political content, advertisement or endorsement favoring a political party, political organization or political candidate to ActivistJobBoard.com or any of its officers, employees, volunteers, or directors.
Limitation of Liability
Neither ActivistJobBoard.com nor its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, advertisers, agents or sponsors are responsible or liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive or other damages under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other theory arising out of or relating in any way to the site and/or content contained on the site, or any product or service purchased through the site. Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the site and/or content contained within the site is to stop using the site. The sole and exclusive maximum liability to company for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract, tort, including, without limitation, negligence or otherwise) shall be the total amount paid by you, if any, to access the site.
Disclaimer of consequential damages.
To the fullest extent possible by law, in no event shall ActivistJobBoard.com, its suppliers, or any third parties mentioned on any ActivistJobBoard.com site be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data, lost employment opportunity or business interruption) resulting from the use or inability to use any ActivistJobBoard.com site and the ActivistJobBoard.com content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not ActivistJobBoard.com is advised of the possibility of such damages.
A Job posting may not contain:
- any hyperlinks, other than those specifically authorized by ActivistJobBoard.com;
- misleading, unreadable, or “hidden” keywords, repeated keywords or keywords that are irrelevant to the job opportunity being presented, as determined in ActivistJobBoard.com’s reasonable discretion;
- the names, logos or trademarks of unaffiliated companies other than those of your customer save where expressly agreed by ActivistJobBoard.com;
- the names of colleges, cities, states, towns or countries that are unrelated to the posting;
- more than one job or job description, more than one location, or more than one job category, unless the product so allows;
- inaccurate, false, or misleading information; and
- material or links to material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or other manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18.
Account Registration and Password Protection
Prior to gaining access to certain Services on the Site, ActivistJobBoard.com will require you to set up a user name and password (the “Password(s)”) as set forth in the account registration procedures posted on the Site. You agree to comply with the procedures specified by ActivistJobBoard.com from time to time regarding obtaining and updating Passwords for the Site and Services. You agree to assume sole responsibility for the security of Passwords issued to you. Passwords are subject to cancellation or suspension by ActivistJobBoard.com at any time, including upon the misuse of any and the re-issuance or reactivation of Passwords. You agree to ensure that you will use your best efforts to prevent any third party from obtaining your Password, and you shall inform ActivistJobBoard.com immediately in writing of any actual or potential unauthorized access to a Password or to the Site and/or Services.
Ownership and Rights to Use Materials
If you post content or submit material, you grant ActivistJobBoard.com a nonexclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple layers of sublicensees) right and license to make, use, sell, sublicense, reproduce, distribute, perform, display, prepare derivative works from and otherwise exploit all such content and materials for any purpose without restriction. Furthermore, you grant ActivistJobBoard.com, its affiliates, and sublicensees the right to use your name and/or user name in connection with the content. You represent and warrant that all content and materials you provide shall be your original work product and will not be based on, or derived from, the proprietary information or items of a third party. You agree not to impersonate any person or communicate under a false name or a name you are not entitled or authorized to use. You will defend and indemnify ActivistJobBoard.com and its affiliates from any claims resulting from any content or materials you provide hereunder.
At your discretion, you may provide feedback to ActivistJobBoard.com concerning the functionality and performance of the ActivistJobBoard.com service or site from time to time, including, without limitation, identifying potential errors, improvements, modifications, bug fixes, or enhancements (“Feedback”). If you, through your evaluation or otherwise, suggests any Feedback, you hereby grant ActivistJobBoard.com a nonexclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple layers of sublicensees) right and license to make, use, sell, sublicense, reproduce, distribute, perform, display, prepare derivative works from and otherwise exploit all such Feedback and materials for any purpose without restriction. You agree that ActivistJobBoard.com may disclose that Feedback to any third party in any manner and you agree that ActivistJobBoard.com has the ability to sublicense all Feedback in any form to any third party without restriction.
You agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the services or site by any means other than through the interface that is provided by ActivistJobBoard.com, unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with ActivistJobBoard.com. You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the services or site (or the servers and networks which are connected to the services or site). Unless you have been specifically permitted to do so in a separate agreement with ActivistJobBoard.com, you agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the services or site for any purpose. You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that ActivistJobBoard.com has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any breach of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which ActivistJobBoard.com may suffer) of any such breach.
ActivistJobBoard.com reserves the right to use the content of messages sent through ActivistJobBoard.com to prevent potentially illegal activities and activities that are detrimental to other users. ActivistJobBoard.com reserves the right to use a variety of methods to detect and address anomalous activity and screen content to prevent abuse such as spam. These efforts may on occasion result in a temporary or permanent suspension or termination of some functions for some users.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us, our officers, directors, employees, members, agents, and affiliates harmless from and against all claims, charges, investigations, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements, including without limitation our losses, costs, damages and reasonable legal and accounting fees (collectively, the “Indemnified Claims”), resulting from, or alleged to result from:
(2) any Content or other material you provide to our Website,
(3) your use of our Website’s content,
(4) your violation of any applicable law, regulation, rule or order pertaining to your use of our Website;
(5) your unauthorized or unlawful use of our Website;
(6) any activity in which you engage in or through our Website; or
(7) the unauthorized or unlawful use of our Website by any other person using your user name and password. We will use reasonable efforts to provide you with prompt notice of any such Indemnified Claims
Mutual Rights of Termination
You acknowledge that ActivistJobBoard.com may establish limits concerning use of the Service, including the maximum number of days that content will be retained by the Service; the maximum number and size of postings, email messages, or other content that may be transmitted or stored by the Service; and the frequency with which you may access the Service.
ActivistJobBoard.com may add to, change, delete, or terminate your use of the Site or Services at any time for any reason without notice to you. ActivistJobBoard.com shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site or Services. ActivistJobBoard.com reserves the right to refuse to offer the Site or Services to anyone at any time without notice.
ActivistJobBoard.com additionally reserves the right to remove accounts that have been inactive for a prolonged period of time. We reserve the right to modify these general practices and limits at any time, at our discretion, without notice.
Misuse of the Services
ActivistJobBoard.com may restrict, suspend or terminate the account of any User who abuses or misuses the Site or Services. Misuse of the Site or Services includes, but is not limited to:
abusing the ActivistJobBoard.com messaging services;
creating multiple or false profiles, including misleading representations;
using the Site or Services commercially without ActivistJobBoard’s permission;
posting inappropriate or illegal content; infringing any intellectual property rights;
or behaving in any other way that ActivistJobBoard.com, in its sole discretion, deems contrary to its purpose.
In addition, ActivistJobBoard.com has adopted a policy of terminating accounts of Users who, in ActivistJobBoard.com’s sole discretion, are deemed to be repeat infringers under the United States Copyright Laws.
Claims of Copyright Infringement
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you have a good faith belief that materials hosted by us infringe your
copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information:
(a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly being infringed upon;
(b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed upon (or if multiple copyrighted works located on the Site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
(c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow us to locate the material on the Site;
(d) the name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address (if available) of the complaining party;
(e) a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.